Black River Technical College is committed to maximizing the use of its fiscal, human and physical resources to ensure that we are able to fulfill the BRTC mission statement of ‘Blending tradition, technology and innovation to educate today’s diverse students for tomorrow’s changing world’ in the most efficient and cost effective means possible.
The President, Dr. Wayne Hatcher, has appointed a cost containment committee consisting of the following individuals:
- Dr. Roger Johnson, Vice President of General Education, Chair
- Karen Liebhaber, Faculty
- Shana Akers, Academic Advisor
- Bert Clevenger, Director Corporate/Community Education, Paragould Campus
- Claudette Hackworth, Administrative Specialist, Student Services
- Trent Ingram, Interim Director Physical Plant
- Kim Adams, Faculty
- Rachel Koons, Faculty
- Alan Haskins, Faculty
The cost containment committee has been charged to meet at least twice a year with minutes and related reports posted on the BRTC website. The committee is to evaluate such areas as energy and labor savings, facility utilization, college policies and procedures, operating hours, combining and/or dividing functions, utilization of technology, program evaluation, personnel, transportation, etc.