The following information is required to be easily available to students and the public.
- Clery Information
- Consumer Information
- Drug and Campus Security Policy
- Employment and Earnings Outcomes
- HLC Accrediation Information
- Student Handbook
Act 943, passed by the Arkansas Legislature and signed by Governor Asa Hutchinson during the 2015 Legislative Session, directed “the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board to develop an action plan to address the prevention of unplanned pregnancy.”
Black River Technical College provides information and support to meet this requirement through a variety of services:
- Programming to support this initiative provided to new students and transfer students at orientation sessions for the fall and spring semesters on the Pocahontas and Paragould campuses
- A Career and Mental Health Counselor, Neal Harwell, is available to meet with students on both campuses to offer information and personal support. Resources and counseling are confidential.
- Collaboration to offer resources and assistance at low or no-cost with
- Randolph County Health Department in Pocahontas
- Greene County Health Department in Paragould
- BRTC Career Pathways program provides assistance to single parents, offering advising and personal support, gas cards, and child care reimbursement to qualifying students.
- A full-time Retention Specialist Mylea White, who assists students with personal support and referrals to resources on the BRTC campuses and in the community.