Black River Technical College transforms lives through quality academic and career education to enhance the community we serve.
BRTC will lead our community in learning and economic development.
- Students – Students’ needs are the foundation of our academic, co-curricular, and financial planning.
- Quality – At Black River, we strive to provide our students with excellent academic programs, encouraging support services, and administrative support to meet students’ goals.
- Learning – We provide degree programs, professional training, enrichment experiences, and collaborative opportunities to foster career and personal improvement.
- Community Relationships – The strengths and challenges of our community shape us. We collaborate with our community to share strengths and resources, learn together, and address the needs of our region.
Strategic Plan 2017 – 2021
Goal 1: Manage enrollment responsibly and ensure student success
- Objective 1.1: Increase total fall headcount to 2150 by Fall 2020
- Objective 1.2: Increase fall adult headcount to 812 by Fall 2020
- Objective 1.3: Increase the number of students who are career ready
- Objective 1.4: Increase full-time retention rate to 60%
- Objective 1.5: Increase the completion rate by an average of 0.25% per year
Goal 2: Clarify the identity of the college through heightened brand awareness, focused educational programs, and effective communication
- Objective 2.1: Increase awareness of the college and its brand throughout the region
- Objective 2.2: Evaluate the marketability and cost effectiveness of educational programs
- Objective 2.3: Increase the effectiveness of internal communications
Goal 3: Exercise regional leadership through strategic partnerships and educational opportunities
- Objective 3.1: Increase partnerships with business and industry
- Objective 3.2: Increase student internship opportunities through business and industry partnerships
- Objective 3.3: Strategically increase BRTC involvement in community organizations
- Objective 3.4: Increase fundraising by identifying and connecting with community supporters and donors
Goal 4: Create a culture of evidence to facilitate continuous improvement
- Objective 4.1: Evaluate and enhance data collection for accountability and continuous improvement
- Objective 4.2: Make data easier to access and use for college decision makers
- Objective 4.3: Preserve institutional memory by developing and implementing consistent and standardized documentation processes