The following Core Competencies have been adopted to ensure student growth and achievement. These competencies will enhance and support specific outcomes in each student’s educational endeavor while providing a touchstone for student-centered decision-making throughout the institution. In addition to meeting educational area requirements, students will demonstrate competencies in the following areas: Foundation Skills, Thinking Skills, Applied Technology, Interpersonal Skills, Global and Civic Responsibility, and Personal Development.
- Foundation Skills: Reading, Math, Writing, Speaking, and Listening
- Thinking Skills: Critical Thinking, Decision Making, Creativity, and Problem Solving
- Applied Technology: Computer Literacy and Appropriate Use of Technology
- Global and Civic Responsibility: Cultural Diversity, Use of Resources, Political Awareness, Historical Perspective, Environmental Issues, Economics, Citizenship, and Social Sensitivity
- Personal Development: Self-esteem, Motivation, Ethics, Professionalism, Sociability, Self Management, Life Long Learning, Appreciation of the Arts, and Health/Wellness
- Interpersonal Skills: Respect, Tolerance, Team Work, Responsibility, Accountability, Ethics, Leadership, and Customer Service