- Fill out the application from this website. (This should be done as soon as possible in the spring (Application Dates: Spring Semester – October 1st of each year).
- The selection process will begin in December. Classes will begin in Spring semester. See Director of Respiratory Care for further information or Dana Clay. This is a full time 12 month program which runs January-December of each year.
- Class size is limited and all applicants may not be selected for the program.
Selection is based on the following Criteria:
- Submission of a complete application for admission into the professional curricula for Respiratory Care. This includes an essay.
- Completion of all pre-professional curricula.
- Grades from all pre-professional course work
- Passing Score on the entrance test (HESI) given each year.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) on all college course work.
The top 24 students will receive letters of acceptance and/or a phone call to verify enrollment. Students not accepted will also receive notification.
Accepted students will be enrolled by BRTC staff for the appropriate classes.
Note: 1-2 alternate students receive a letter stating their position in the program with date of orientation.
All students receiving acceptance/alternate letter will be required to attend orientation.
ALL STUDENTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH COUNSELORS OR FACULTY AT AN ORIENTATION AND MEET/GREET SESSION.
**Pre-Professional Courses: 40 hours required
- Human A & P I with lab
- Human A & P II with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Medical Terminology
- College Algebra OR Math for Healthcare Professionals
- Intro to Chemistry
- Intro to Computer Concepts
- English I
- English II
- Introduction to Psychology OR Human Growth and Development OR Introduction to Sociology
- Success for Health Students