- patient assessment,
- administration of drugs orally and intravenously,
- interpretation of electrocardiograms (EKGs),
- performing endotracheal intubations, and
- use of monitors and other complex medical equipment.
Graduates will find opportunities for employment in
- municipal fire departments,
- private ambulance services,
- hospitals, and
- private industry.
The program combines didactic training, and practicum rotations.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Paramedic exam and the State of Arkansas Paramedic exam.