Looking for a career in the medical field? A CNA career offers many opportunities! Nursing Assistant classes are the perfect way to obtain the basic medical knowledge and gain a jump-start on a health-related career.
Successful completion of the five- to eight-week program positions graduates for employment in a hospital, nursing home, home health agency, or other medical facility. Graduates of the program will be eligible to apply for the Arkansas State CNA exam.
Prospective students will be required to:
- Attend a mandatory orientation.
Upon acceptance, students will be required to:
- Register for Black River Technical College and complete all entrance requirements, including college placement test.
- Provide proof of Tetanus vaccine and negative Tuberculosis test or chest x-ray.
- Provide state drivers license or photo ID, Social Security Number and home address.
- Complete the Child Maltreatment Reporter Training (www.ar.mandatedreporter.org).
- Pass drug screen(s).
Class size is limited to 24 students. If more than 24 prospective students attend orientation a selection exam will be given. Acceptance, Alternate, or Denial letters are handed out at orientation. Applicants accepted into the program may be eligible to apply for sponsorship to help cover the cost of the course. For more information, contact:
Holli Nitzsche, RN
870-248-4000, ext. 4115
Rebecca Simpson, RN
870-239-0969 Ext. 5045
Dana Clay, Administrative Assistant
870-248-4000, Ext. 4150
2018 CNA class schedule:
Night class: June 25-July 25, 2018. Orientation will be May 16, 2018 at 4 pm at the Health Science Complex room HSC 221. Classes will run from 3:15 pm to 10:15 pm and clinical will be from 2:45 pm to 11:15 pm. Contact department for more information.
Day time class: May 29-June 28, 2018. Class times are 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday-Thursday with occasional Fridays. Clinical 6:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Check back later for Fall class dates!