- Fill out the application from this website. (This should be done as soon as possible in the spring (Application Available: Spring Semester – October 1st of each year).
- The selection process will begin in December. Classes will begin in the Spring semester. See the Director of Respiratory Care for further information or Dana Clay, Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time 18-month program, which runs January-May of the following year.
- Class size is limited therefore all applicants may not be selected for the program.
Selection is based on the following Criteria:
- Submission of a complete application for admission into the professional curricula for Respiratory Care. This includes an essay.
- Completion of all pre-professional curricula.
- Grades from all pre-professional course work
- Passing Score on the entrance test (HESI) given each year.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) on all college course work.
All applicants will receive notification of either acceptance, alternate status, or denial via mail, email, and or telephone. Selected applicants will be enrolled in their courses by BRTC staff upon acceptance into the program.
Note: 1-2 alternate students will receive a letter stating their position in the program with the date of orientation.
All students receiving acceptance/alternate letter will be required to attend orientation.
ALL STUDENTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH COUNSELORS OR FACULTY AT AN ORIENTATION AND MEET/GREET SESSION.
**Pre-Professional Courses: 40 hours required
- Human A & P I with lab
- Human A & P II with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Medical Terminology
- Math for Healthcare Professionals OR higher
- Intro to Computer Concepts
- English I
- English II
- Introduction to Psychology OR Human Growth and Development OR Introduction to Sociology