For most of the following products, passwords are not needed for on-campus use; however, log-ins and passwords are needed for remote use.
Free and Book Databases
The following databases are free to use.
- American Memory
- Arkansas Publications Index
- BioMed Central
- DOAG: Directory of Open Access Journals
- Encyclopedia of Arkansas
- Find Articles
- Gale Literary Index
- GPO Access
- Information Please Almanac
- Making of America Journals
- NCJRS: National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- PubMed Central
- SCIRUS: scientific information
- Urban Dictionary
- U. S. Politics & World News: News about current administration
- Wikipedia: Great for current topic discussion but user should verify the information with reliable sources!
The following databases are book sources.
- Bartleby.com: English & American non-fiction, fiction, and verse
- Bartlett’s Book of Familiar Quotations
- Biographical Dictionary
- Digital Book Index : More than 116,000 digitized books, over half FREE
- Eserver.org: Accessible Writing/a>:
- Internet Archive: Digitized books
- Internet Public Library: more than 15,000 titles
- Literature for Children: over 500 children’s literature titles, pre-1850 to post-1950
- Online Books Page: more than 12,000 titles
- WorldCat: useful for ILL
For databases with a * next to them, remote access is available. Get user names and passwords from the following:
- Current student may access the “Contact Us” page to request passwords;
- Students, faculty and staff may login to their Moodle accounts to access the usernames and passwords in the Student Lounge.
More and more databases now include BOOK information as well as information from periodicals – look carefully at options to find book information. Other notes on database selection:
- EBSCOHost, JSTOR, and ProQuest, contain full-text articles from thousands of periodicals (newspapers, magazines, and journals, etc.).
- The Discovering Collection contains information from reference books; access always requires a password.
- World Book gives BRTC students access to the most up-to-date information from a collegiate encyclopedia,
- FirstSearch WorldCat is especially good for locating books on particular subjects to borrow through interlibrary loan.
A groundbreaking digital resource exclusively devoted to African American historic research.
Criminal Justice Database is a comprehensive database supporting research on crime, its causes and impacts, legal and social implications, as well as litigation and crime trends. As well as U.S. and international scholarly journals, it includes correctional and law enforcement trade publications, dissertations, crime reports, crime blogs and other material relevant for researchers or those preparing for careers in criminal justice, law enforcement and related fields.
Full-text information from reference BOOKS, 22 multi-volume titles published by Gale. This book source has timeline events; audio and video files; plot summaries; essays; collegiate, biographical, and geographical dictionaries, and about 20,000 biography entries. This database always requires a password, even in the library.
Thousands of scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers covering virtually every discipline of academic study….Most articles are full-text. EBSCOHost indexes from 1984 to the present with daily updates. Various indexes can be selected for particular subjects, such as nursing, health, business, etc., but Academic Search Elite is an index that college students should always select, since it covers many academic journals. A subject search can be done by adding SU to the search (example: SU dolphins).
- Academic Search Elite
- Core resource of scholarly information. Academic Search Elite contains full text for more than 2,100 journals, Nearly 150 journals have PDF images dating back to 1985.
- Biological & Agricultural Index Plus (H.W. Wilson)
- Full text of articles from over 100 journals dating back to 1997, as well as indexing and abstracts of more than 380 publications. Subject coverage includes agriculture & agricultural research, atmospheric science, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, botany, chemistry, environmental science, geology, marine biology microbiology, physics and much more.
- Business Source Elite
- Full text for over 1,000 business publications. The rich collection of titles in Business Source Elite provides information dating back to 1985. More than 10,100 substantial company profiles from Datamonitor are also included. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
- EDS (EBSCO Discovery Services)
- Search across most BRTC subscription databases from a single interface (one search). This can also be accessed through the KOHA catalog by selecting “Switch to Discovery” in the drop-down window just left of the search window. (NOTE: If you use this service in KOHA, it will also search our stack collections.)
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Search and view the full text of eBooks.
- Explora Educator’s Edition
- Lesson plans, curriculum standards, and other professional development resources for educators.
- Explora Primary Schools
- Provides primary school students access to articles, essays, and videos pertaining to a wide range of topics including animals, art and music, biography, geography, language arts, health, math, science, and social studies (includes reading level indicators.
- Explora Secondary Schools
- Targeted for use by kindergarten through grade 12 school students and educators. The interface is constructed to take advantage of student information seeking behavior, emphasizing ease of use and delivery of relevant search results, topic overviews, streaming videos, and full-text articles. Explora offers grade appropriate content, direct access to non-fiction and primary source resources, teaching materials aligned to Common Core and state curriculum standards, and tools for collaboration and professional development.
- Food Science Source
- An extensive full-text database designed to support the informational needs of the food industry at all levels. This collection offers unmatched full-text coverage of information relevant to many areas that are integral to the food industry. This database offers cover-to-cover full-text coverage for more than 1,400 publications, including journals, monographs, magazines, and trade publications, all directly dealing with food industry-related issues. More than 1,000 key food industry and market reports are available.
- Researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- Indexes more than 560 core journals, nearly 50 priority journals, and nearly 125 selective journals; plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
- Authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 5,400 current biomedical journals.
- Nursing Reference Center Plus
- Premier source for evidence-based information designed specifically for nurses. Unmatched in scope, nurses use Nursing Reference Center Plus to get answers to questions quickly, access care plans, watch video demonstrations, strengthen nursing skills, earn continuing education credits and much more.
- Regional Business News
- Comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- Teacher Reference Center
- Indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
280,100+ video clips
26,900+ full-length videos / 14,500+ hours*
This comprehensive collection includes the following 26 core academic collections.
- Archival Films & Newsreels
- Area Studies
- Art & Architecture
- Business &Economics
- Counseling & Social Work
- Criminal Justice & Law
- Earth Science
- Health & Medicine
- Music & Dance
- Philosophy & Religion
- Physical Science
- Political Science
- Technology & Society
- World Languages
A rare view of what rush hour in London looked like in 1897. The dramatic and suspenseful newsreel announcing the crash of the Hindenburg zeppelin. President Ronald Reagan’s challenging speech at the Brandenburg Gate. Throughout modern history, cameras have recorded public events, wars, cultural phenomena, and government programs. This collection is a treasure trove of archival and historical films from multiple sources.
(basic) – Unlimited searches on about a dozen databases: WorldCAT, OCLC Online Union List of Periodicals, ArticlesFirst, ContentsFirst, Electronic Collections Online, GPO Month Catalog, NetFirst, ERIC, MEDLINE, PapersFirst, Proceedings, and World Almanac. No full-text – only abstracts. (Note: WorldCat is a good resource for locating books on particular subjects for interlibrary loan.)
(complete) – Debit searches of 70+ databases (This is a pay-per-use service that requires librarian’s assistance, authorization number, and password.)
This data base has information on a wide range of health-related topics as well and many illustrations and videos. It provides information on today’s most pressing health topics.
Collection of primary and secondary sources on global history from ancient times to the present day.
This data base has timely, in depth, and objective articles on today’s controversial issues. It includes topics in politics, government, business, education, and so on. It is an excellent resource for research papers.
JSTOR (remote access link is in Moodle)
Archives of over 300 journals in many, many disciplines (all in full-text). The BRTC Library subscribes to the Arts and Sciences I and II Collections, as well as the Language and Literature Collection. Arts & Sciences I Collection has journal titles in fifteen disciplines, including economics, history, political science, sociology, ecology, mathematics, statistics, and related fields. Arts and Sciences II Collection adds depth to Collection I, plus offers core journals in several new disciplines, such as archaeology, classics, and African studies. The Language and Literature Collection spans the literary cultures of many different countries and contains articles in several languages. Also included is a range of core journals covering literary criticism. JSTOR is continually adding reference linking, allowing users “to follow a link from a reference in an article directly to the cited article.”
Primary and critical text database for literary research at all levels. The collection includes full text of more than 350,000 works of poetry, drama, and prose stretching back to the 8th century through the present day.
LexisNexis provides computer-assisted legal research. The database contains current statues, case judgments and opinions, as well as journal articles.
Provides language learning experiences with step by step lesson plans for 71 different languages. This database features ESL lessons for over 16 languages along with a text translator. *First time users must create a profile in order to use this resource.
Provides access to over 1,400 essential publications in full text covering topics across all areas of the medical sciences. The content is diverse enough to support the needs of medical students, faculty, and clinicians.
Abstracts of authoritative information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and more from the National Library of Medicine.
Provides users with reliable healthcare information covering nursing, allied health, alternative and complementary medicine, and more. Suitable for researchers at healthcare facilities in addition to students of nursing and allied health programs at academic institutions.
Full-text of leading political science and international relations journals. Provides full-text coverage of many core titles from Worldwide Political Science Abstracts.
ProQuest* – (search all ProQuest databases)
(Periodical Abstracts Research II edition) – More than 2,000 periodicals covering virtually every topic from current news to historical events. For most titles coverage dates from 1990, but some back files go back as far as 1971. Current coverage of articles from The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal are also included. All articles have abstracts, and over 60% are full-text.
- ProQuest Central (20+ cross-discipline databases)
- The largest single periodical resource available, bringing together complete databases across all major subject areas, including Business, Health and Medical, Social Sciences, Education, Science and Technology, and Humanities. Subject Area(s): Unassigned
Individual ProQuest Databases
- ABI/INFORM Complete (ProQuest Central)
- Provides information on company and market research: company profiles; annual, industry, market & commodity reports. Also includes current business & economic conditions, management techniques & corporate strategies.
- Accounting, Tax & Business Collection (ProQuest Central)
- Information on accounting policies and standards, state and national tax legislation, corporate and individual taxation, compensation and pension plans, and corporate financial management, as well as profiles of accounting firms, CPAs, and management consulting firms.
- African American Heritage
- A groundbreaking digital resource exclusively devoted to African American family history research.
- Literature citations for journal articles, monographs, proceedings, theses, patents, translations, audiovisual materials, computer software, and technical reports pertaining to all aspects of agriculture.(AGRICultural OnLine Access).
- Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- Provides full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, and government publications. This database includes specialized, editorially-curated A&I resources covering such topics as the effects of pollution on people and animals and environmental action and policy responses.
- Art & Humanities Database (ProQuest Central)
- Providing online access to 400 contemporary specialist art titles.
- Asian & European Business Collection (ProQuest Central)
- Covers Asian (Eastern Hemisphere) business and financial information from key international publications including Far Eastern Economic Review, Asiaweek, and many more.
- Australia & New Zealand Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text, academic journals locally published in Australia and New Zealand. Subjects cover major areas of study: uding business, science, technology, medical, social sciences, political science, and humanities.
- Biology Database (ProQuest Central)
- Wide range of research in biomedicine, biotechnology, zoology and ecology, and some aspects of agriculture and veterinary science.
- Business Market Research Collection
- A new database that was part of ABI/Inform and also includes Hoover’s, Ox Research Country Reports and the Snapshots Series Industry Reports.
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs Database (ProQuest Central)
- A Canadian focus on current events, business, education, science and medicine, arts, law, academia, and lifestyles.
- Canadian Newsstream Complete (ProQuest Central)
- Canadian newspaper coverage from Prince Edward Island to Yukon Territory.
- Career and Technical Education (ProQuest Central)
- Research on accounting, auto mechanics, building trades, computing science, graphic design, healthcare, photography, sales and retail & more in the Vo-Tech curriculum for both students and instructors.
- Computing Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full text research on subjects such as database design, software development, web commerce, LANs, WANs, Intranets, and the Internet.
- Continental Europe Database (ProQuest Central)
- Provides access to full-text academic journals locally published in European countries such as France, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, and Portugal.
- Criminal Justice Database (ProQuest Central)
- Comprehensive collection of U.S. and international criminal justice journals including information for professionals in law enforcement, corrections administration, drug enforcement, rehabilitation, family law, and industrial security.
- Provides access to cultural reports, statistics, and primary source material for countries across the globe, including the United States and Canadian provinces. Includes unique information such as native recipes, interviews, photos and videos. Contains four modules: Kids, Provinces, States and World.
- Early World of Learning (World Book)
- An online resource for preschoolers & children in early elementary that includes three interactive learning environments:
- Trek’s Travels offers narrated stories, interactive games, and original videos that teach critical early childhood themes, including numbers, shapes, colors, opposites, and more.
- Welcome to Reading provides leveled readers to develop and strengthen phonics, vocabulary, phonemic awareness and comprehension skills. The Lexile Framework® for Reading ensures that early readers use text at their level.
- Know It offers a visually rich first encyclopedia that will captivate early learners with non-fiction topics of interest and importance to them.
- East Europe, Central Europe Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text, academic journals locally published in the East and Central Europe region. Subjects cover major areas of study: uding business, science, technology, medical, social sciences, political science, and humanities.
- East & South Asia Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text, academic journals locally published in the East and South Asian countries. Subjects cover major areas of study: uding business, science, technology, medical, social sciences, political science, and humanities.
- eBooks Central
- Collection from ProQuest providing access to authoritative ebooks from the world’s top publishers on a range of subjects: arts, business management, education, general knowledge, health & medicine, history & political science, law, literature & language, religion & philosophy, science & technology, and social science.
- Education Database (ProQuest Central)
- Access to over 1,090 top educational publications, including more than 800 titles in full text.
- eLibrary: Academic
- General reference collection of periodical and digital media content specifically tailored for K-12 schools and libraries of all kinds, covering a variety of subjects including business, education, general interest, health, language arts, sciences, social sciences, and many other curriculum-specific subject areas.
- eLibrary: Guided Research Interface
- Provides access to eLibrary’s periodical and digital media collection through a user interface specifically designed for student researchers.
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
- World Book’s content, rich media, and interactive features in Spanish for young learners.
- Entrepreneurship Database
- Designed for entrepreneurs wanting quick access to the latest information on business topics, quick access to useful toolkits, and recommendations from experts in Editor’s Picks.
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, ERIC provides extensive access to education-related literature, including coverage of journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, comprehensive full text database of newspapers, magazines and journals from ethnic, minority and native presses.
- Family Health Database (ProQuest Central)
- Includes journals and magazines covering an enormous range of health subjects, from sports injuries to women’s health, from food and nutrition to midwifery, from eye care to dentistry.
- Global Breaking Newswires (ProQuest Central)
- Provides timely access to the newswire content from around the globe.
- Health and Medical Collection (ProQuest Central)
- Provides reliable, comprehensive journal coverage of clinical and biomedical topics, consumer health, health administration and more.
- Health Management Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text access to journals covering all aspects of health administration, including hospitals, insurance, law, health economics, public health administration and more.
- HeritageQuest Online
- Combines digital, searchable images of U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular ProQuest Genealogy & Local History collection and other valuable content.
- History Study Center
- Collection of primary and secondary sources on global history from ancient times to the present.
- India Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text, academic journals published locally in India. Subjects cover major areas of study: uding business, science, technology, medical, social sciences, political science, and humanities.
- International Newsstream (ProQuest Central)
- Provides the most recent news content outside of the US and Canada. Collection includes African Newsstream, Asian Newsstream, Australia & New Zealand Newsstream, European Newsstream, Latin American Newsstream, Middle East Newstream.
- Latin America & Iberian Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text, academic journals locally published in Latin American countries including: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela, Spain and Portugal. Subjects cover major areas of study: uding business, science, technology, medical, social sciences, political science, and humanities.
- Learning: Literature
- Students can find author biographies, contemporary criticism, reviews, and multimedia resources from medieval times to the present.
- Library & Information Science Abstracts (LISA)
- Contains abstracts from over 300 periodicals from around 40 countries and 20 languages, providing comprehensive bibliographic coverage of the scholarly literature related to library science.
- Library Science Database (ProQuest Central)
- Access to over 150 top publications in library and information science. Specifically designed to provide full-text support for core titles included in the Library & Information Science Abstracts database.
- Linguistics Database (ProQuest Central)
- Comprised of index and full-text articles covering all linguistics subject areas, including the Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA) and Linguistics Database.
- Literature Online (LION)
- Primary and critical text database for literary research at all levels. The collection includes full text of more than 350,000 works of poetry, drama, and prose stretching back to the 8th century through the present day.
- Mango Languages
- Provides language learning experiences with step by step lesson plans for 71 different languages. This database features ESL lessons for over 16 languages along with a text translator. *First time users must create a profile in order to use this resource.
- Medical Database
- Provides access to over 1,400 essential publications in full text covering topics across all areas of the medical sciences. The content is diverse enough to support the needs of medical students, faculty, and clinicians.
- Abstracts of authoritative information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and more from the National Library of Medicine. For full text to materials abstracted in MEDLINE, access the Health and Medical Collection or Nursing & Allied Health databases.
- Middle East & Africa Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text, academic journals published in a number of Middle Eastern and African countries. Subjects cover major areas of study: uding business, science, technology, medical, social sciences, political science, and humanities.
- Military Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text access to a comprehensive collection covering military subjects including defense, aeronautics and space flight, civil engineering, political science, and more.
- Nursing & Allied Health Database (ProQuest Central)
- Provides users with reliable healthcare information covering nursing, allied health, alternative and complementary medicine, and more. Suitable for researchers at healthcare facilities in addition to students of nursing and allied health programs at academic institutions.
- Political Science Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text of leading political science and international relations journals. Provides full-text coverage of many core titles from Worldwide Political Science Abstracts.
- ProQuest Central
- A cross-disciplinary research tool with 39 databases that can be searched together or individually.
- Psychology Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text coverage from top psychology publications; suitable for both students and mental-health care professionals.
- Public Health Database (ProQuest Central)
- Provides access to core literature in the field of public health, including new and periodical coverage. Includes access to full-text dissertations covering topics such as biostatistics, environmental health sciences, epidemiology, health services administration, international public health, maternal and child health, and occupational safety and health.
- Public Video Online (ProQuest)
- Offers over 50,000 streaming videos on History, Science, Engineering, Health, Performing Arts, Religion, and films for research. Institutional access limited to school and public libraries.
- Religion Database (ProQuest Central)
- Comprehensive collection of journals covering religious issues and perspectives, including news and commentary on topics of general interest from the perspective of a particular religion, and formal theological studies.
- Research Companion
- Developed to help students do more effective research and assist educators in teaching the information literacy core principles of finding, evaluating, and using information.
- Research Library (ProQuest Central)
- A mix of scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, and other resources covering 150 subject areas: arts, business, education, engineering and technology, health and medical, history, law, literature and languages, multicultural themes, psychology, natural sciences, social sciences, & women’s studies
- Science Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full text and images for the leading periodicals in science and technology, covering computers, engineering, physics, telecommunications, transportation and more.
- SIRS Discoverer
- General reference database for elementary and middle school learners, researchers, and educators covering curriculum areas and content sets such as reading, language arts, current events, science, social studies, history, health, and technology. SIRS Discoverer provides editorially-selected, indexed, and curated materials from over 2,100 newspapers, magazines, and websites offering guided research for young researchers.
- SIRS Issues Researcher
- Background and analysis on 350+ leading issues, providing pros and cons on social, scientific, health, historic, economic, political, and global issues.
- Social Science Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text access to journals and publications covering sociology, social work, anthropology, politics and related fields.
- Sociology Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text coverage of many core titles indexed in Sociological Abstracts and Social Services Abstracts (SASSA). Includes full-text doctoral dissertations on sociology.
- STEM Database (ProQuest Central)
- Composed of more than 500 full-text scholarly journals and popular science magazines covering research and instruction in earth, life, physical, medical and applied sciences; and technology, engineering, and math.
- Telecommunications Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full text of top telecommunications industry publications. Includes magazines, journals, and newsletters, including graphics and images.
- Turkey Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text, academic journals locally published in Turkey. Subjects cover major areas of study: uding business, science, technology, medical, social sciences, political science, and humanities.
- U.K. & Ireland Database (ProQuest Central)
- Full-text, academic journals locally published in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Subjects cover major areas of study: business, science, technology, engineering, social sciences, education, and humanities.
- U.S. Newsstream (ProQuest Central)
- Provides the most recent premium U.S. news content, including archives as far back as the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format. For academic and public libraries, US Newsstream offers exclusive access to the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and co-exclusive access (with Factiva) to The Wall Street Journal. US Newsstream also offers one of the largest collections of local and regional newspapers, and is cross-searchable on the ProQuest platform
Developed to help students do more effective research and assist educators in teaching the information literacy core principles of finding, evaluating, and using information.
Background and analysis on 350+ leading issues, providing pros and cons on social, scientific, health, historic, economic, political, and global issues.
Videos can be found in many of our databases. Here are the different places where you can search for and access them. You can also access videos now through KOHA. It will direct you a Google sites page. Click Here to view that site.
Health Reference Center
- Teen’s Health
- Women’s Health
- Men’s Health
- Children’s Health
- Senior Health
- Body Systems
- Nutrition and Food
- Pharmaceutical Drugs
- Dental and Oral Health
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Autoimmune and Immune Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders
- Digestive Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Endocrine Diseases
- Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects
- Hepatitis and Liver Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health and Suicide
- Neurological Disorders
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Skin and Hair Disorders
- Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Vision and Hearing Disorders
- Select: Multimedia > Video
Issues & Controversies
- Go to Advanced Search
- Select: “Audio & Video Works” under “Source Type”
- Offers over 50,000 streaming videos on History, Science, Engineering, Health, Performing Arts, Religion, and films for research. Institutional access limited to school and public libraries.
- A reference tool for 8th grade and up that includes an encyclopedia, multimedia, e-books, and primary source databases all fully integrated in a single search interface.
- Reference resource with content and tools specifically tailored for students reading below grade level because of language or learning difficulties.
- A collection of 25 classic and 25 additional proprietary World Book non-fiction titles. Desktop computer and tablet users may access the site via browser or checkout content for offline use. The checkout function allows an unlimited number of simultaneous users.
- General reference tool for young students with easy-to-read articles, thousands of illustrations, videos, comparison tools, and a wealth of engaging games and activities, including an atlas, interactive maps, flags, and over 200 game and activities.
- A research tool tailored for students in elementary & middle schools with over 40,000 encyclopedia and reference articles, 10,000 biographies, multimedia, videos, animations and student activities.
- A resource for accessing or creating timelines for projects in the arts, literature, notable people, science & technology, world history, geography and more. Users can select a built timeline and make changes or create new timelines then images and videos