Black River Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Instructor. This is a full-time, 10-month position beginning July 1, 2019.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The person filling this position will be responsible for assisting with the development of the training program along with supervising and training students to prepare for the Class A, B, and C Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Primary duties involve instruction focusing on laws and regulations, driving maneuvers, safety regulations, and behind-the-wheel (BTW) driving. This position requires flexible work hours in both the day and evening in Pocahontas, AR.
- High school graduate or GED
- Possess a current and valid Arkansas Class A CDL
- A minimum of three years full-time Class A CDL driving experience
- Knowledge and understanding of DOT, state, and federal laws and regulations related to truck driver, driving safety, and health practices
- Must have good communication skills and a desire to help others learn
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background investigation; pass DOT physical and DOT drug test, and motor vehicle screening
- Associate’s Degree
- A minimum of five years full-time Class A CDL driving experience
- Teaching experience
- Computer skills and experience
- Endorsements: Hazardous Materials, Tanker, Passenger, School Bus, Double/Triple Trailers
- Truck maintenance and engine repair experience
Salary is dependent upon education and experience; position includes paid vacation and sick leave, a retirement package, and group health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
Applications may be submitted until May 29, 2019. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, completed state application, transcripts (of college credits earned, if any), and three references to:
BLACK RIVER TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Julie Edington, Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Telephone (870) 248-4000 Ext. 4032
BRTC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
BRTC Tobacco Free