Become a Certified Pharmacy Technician in only 27 weeks!
- Classes meet 1 day a week.
- Work in a Pharmacy during Program
- Earn $10-14 per hour
As a pharmacy technician, you will help the pharmacist package or mix prescriptions, maintain client records, refer clients to the pharmacist for counseling, assist with inventory control and purchasing as well as collect payment and coordinate billling.
Community Job Survey
A survey of Northeast Arkansas shows expected growth and employer support of this training program with preferred hiring for program graduates.
Upon successful completion, graduates will receive a certificate of completion and be prepared to take the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam.
Minimum 18 years of age and high school completion or its equivalent. Students need competency in basic comptuer operation. Students will need internet access, printing capabilities, and email. A math and English pre-assessment test will be administered prior to the first class meeting to assure student success. Prior to placement in an externship, students will need proof of CPR completion, a health examination including TB testing and a resume. Students are required to apply for their Arkansas Pharmacy Tech registration prior to the start of the program. The state registration requires a background check.
- Class size is limited!
- Course Fee – $2195 includes books, supplies, externship, and certificate
- Payment plan available prior to program start – call for details.
- Program includes 182 hours of classroom instruction
- Program includes 80-hour externship (placement working in pharmacy)
- Significant Growth Expected in this Occupation within the next 5 years
For more information stop by the Paragould campus continuing education department to pick up a program packet.
Questions? Ready to sign up for info session? Contact:
Dana Bradford at 870-239-0969 extension 5210
Patricia Sanderson at 870-239-0969 extension 5050