Renaissance Fair Sonnet Writing Contest Rules:
Black River Technical College, Paragould, is proud to announce a sonnet writing contest for 8th & 9th grade students in Paragould and the surrounding areas.
- Students may only enter 1 sonnet—their very best!
- The poem must have sonnet form—14 lines with 10 syllables in each line, and a rhyme scheme of a-b-a-b c-d-c-d e-f-e-f gg. The poem must be original—written by the student. Vulgar language is a disqualification.
- Entries must be received no later than 5:00 pm on April 19. Ideally, a teacher from the school district will collect all entries for one school and mail, or contact Joan Linnstaedter for a potential pick-up option.
- Judging will be based on structure, form, creativity, and interest.
- Winners will receive awards and will be invited to read their poem at the Renaissance Fair on April 28, 2017.
- Teachers will be contacted with winner information.
- Teachers may make arrangements for their school returned by mail, picked-up at BRTC Paragould, or request a delivery option.
- Questions should go to Joan Linnstaedter, 870-239-0969, ext 5138, email email@example.com. If your 8th & 9th grade school teacher is unaware of the event and would like to participate please have him/her contact Ms. Linnstaedter.
We look forward to your brilliance!