Black River Technical College encourages students to communicate with College administration, faculty, and staff regarding College operations and procedures and encourages students to use existing policies, personnel, and departmental offices to express specific concerns.
Wherever possible, complaints at Black River Technical College are handled in an informal manner. Administrators, faculty, and staff maintain an “open-door” policy to discuss issues of concern for all students. Faculty and staff serve as a resource for individuals seeking assistance in resolving matters within the College community.
- Students are encouraged to first attempt to resolve complaints with the faculty or staff person.
- If unresolved, students should next speak to the departmental chairperson or supervisor of the faculty or staff member in an effort to resolve the matter.
- Should a student deem that the existing policies, personnel, and departmental offices cannot address his/her specific concern or complaint, Black River Technical College, in accordance with federal regulations, accepts and maintains records of formal written grievance filed with the Human Resources department.
Types of Complaints
Student complaints fall into one of two categories:
- informal expressions of dissatisfaction, and
- written complaints which include any concern, issue, or suggestion not covered by the policies as outlined in the catalog or by state and federal law.
Black River Technical College administrative offices hours are posted both internally and on the bottom of the website. The general information phone number is (870) 248-4000 or toll free at 1-866-890- 6933.