Black River Technical College in Paragould has created a pilot program S.T.E.P. for graduating high school seniors. The S.T.E.P. Program will allow seniors the opportunity to a jump start on bridging the gap between requirements from high school and college level coursework.
The S.T.E.P. Program will begin on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 (Summer I).
Eligible students must meet the following requirement: score below an 18 on the Reading, English, or Math portion of the ACT (or assessment equivalency).
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Official high school transcript OR GED scores
- Immunization records
- Complete the BRTC application, available online
ACT Eligibility Scores
- Reading: 17 or below
- English: 17 or below
- Math: 16 or below
COMPASS Eligibility Scores
- Reading: 82 or below
- English: 76 or below
- Math: 36 or below
- Schedule 1 of 2 dates by calling (870) 239-0969 ext. 5000
March 15, 5-7 p.m.
April 12, 5-7 p.m.
- OR Visit individually with Amanda Dobbs at (870) 239-5015
Who Should Attend?
- Potential students
- Parent or guardian
What to Bring?
- Parent or guardian’s 2015 W2s AND
- Parent or guardian’s 2016 W2s