Formerly known as the BRTC Ambassadors, the President’s Leadership Club focuses on learning, developing, and practicing Leadership Skills. At their bi-monthly meetings, this group reads texts from leadership experts and discusses their findings. The club plans and implements monthly activities, working with other campus or community groups to enhance the BRTC experience and improve the quality of campus and community life. PLC seeks student members who possess at least some of the following qualities: integrity, honesty, independent thought, intelligence, ability to maintain strong relationships, positive attitude, and perseverance. They must also question the status quo, strive for excellence, and have a desire to make a difference.
Dr. Wayne Hatcher, BRTC President
Natasha Rush, Financial Aid Analyst
Mylea White, Resource Assistant for Program Completion
Sissy Gray, Social Science
- Has completed 12 or more credit hours with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Has at least 2 semesters left to complete their degree plan
- Is pursuing a degree program that will allow them to work the required hours through completion of their degree plan. Degree plans that work well with this…(AA, some AAS like Business Technology). Programs that are 4/5 days each week or will eventually require the student to be in all day classes and/or off site clinical, are not conducive to the PLC program.
Students selected as members of the President’s Leadership Council will receive:
- Tuition waiver scholarship
- Opportunity to work more closely with Dr. Hatcher, administration, faculty and staff to promote the college
- Access to various college administrators for future letters of reference
- Recognition at various campus events
- Opportunity for early class registration each semester