Have you ever wished that you could have a second chance at an education? More education can lead to better jobs and higher wages.
The Arkansas Career Pathways Initiative (CPI) may be able to assist in providing that opportunity to you.
The Career Pathways Initiative can provide you the opportunity to complete:
- GED/Adult Education classes
- Employability Certificates/Career Readiness Certificates signed by the Governor
- Short Term career certificate programs – some lasting under one year
- Two-year degree programs leading to careers
Other student support services may include:
- Childcare assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Career and academic counseling
- Tutoring services
- Job placement assistance
To be eligible for this program:
- You must be the parent or legal guardian of a child (who lives in the home on a permanent basis) under 21 years of age,
and you must:
- Be a current or former TEA recipient, OR
- Be receiving Food Stamps, Medicaid or ARKids, OR
- Have earnings that fall below the 250% federal poverty level guidelines
If this seems to be the answer you have been waiting for, call the Black River Technical College Campus at 870-248-4000, ext. 4064.
Call today to see if you qualify!
This program is supported by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education, the Arkansas Association of Two Year Colleges, the Arkansas Department of Workforce Education, The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services, and the Southern Good Faith Fund.