Director of Technology
Black River Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Technology. This is a full-time, 12-month position and is available as early as August 1, 2018. The Director of Technology will lead Black River Technical College’s ongoing commitment to support and promote the strategic use of information technology to advance mission of the College. Reporting to the Vice President for Finance, the Director of Technology will lead and manage the Information Technology Services division, including academic technology, administrative computing, networking services, user support services, help desk, and telecommunications. The College is transitioning from POISE to Ellucian Colleague as its administrative data system.
Bringing contemporary knowledge and future vision of leveraging information and technology in an academic and business model design, the Director of Technology will lead the College’s efforts in this area by providing vision and leadership for the development and execution of information technology strategies and initiatives College-wide to achieve the alignment required for academic and business success. This requires a high level of familiarity with the various constituents and a commitment to meeting the existing and future information and communications needs for all College academic and administrative technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the development of the vision for information technology at Black River and implements strategies for achieving that vision.
2. Leads the IT team, ensuring appropriate staffing and resources for recruiting, developing, and retaining staff members in a productive, team-oriented environment.
3. Supports institutional efforts to use technology to enhance learning and teaching, and improve and streamline business processes. Collaborates with administrative offices to support the mission of the institution.
5. Continually improves IT operations by systematically measuring performance towards goal attainment.
6. Ensures major IT projects are engaged through an inclusive and transparent process.
7. Develops and monitors annual and long-range operating and capital expenditure budgets for IT.
10. Ensures IT policies are appropriate, current, accessible, and followed.
11. Minimizes risks to the institution by engaging comprehensive information security measures.
13. Ensures a culture of the highest customer service and user experience to all campus constituents while balancing needs of the faculty, administrative staff, students, and the overall College.
14. Ensures IT-related compliance requirements are met and best practices are applied as appropriate.
15. Participates in appropriate professional organizations and maintains familiarity with current IT technologies and processes.
- Five years increasingly responsible experience in information technology including demonstrated success as a department head or other senior management level.
2. Five years direct experience managing large scale budgets and funding models.
3. Proven achievement in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships including effective communication skills with executive leadership emphasizing the communication of complex technical and policy information to a broad range of constituents.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with system design and development principles, project management methodologies, and technology architectures for a large scale enterprise.
5. Proven team building success with an ability to develop, mentor, motivate and lead employees in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in planning technology development and innovation over multi-year planning timelines with the keen ability to negotiate and manage vendor and consultant relationships and engagements.
- Experience in using technology to support teaching, learning, and institutional research in higher education is preferred.
Baccalaureate or Master’s degree required. Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until July 23, 2018. To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, State application, copies of transcripts, and three references to:
BLACK RIVER TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Julie Edington, Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Telephone (870) 248-4000, Ext. 4032
BRTC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
BRTC is a Tobacco Free Campus