- Fall- August 15th
- Spring- January 30th
- Summer I -June 15th
- up to $750 per semester, depending on the student’s enrollment
Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund—Universal Eligibility Criteria
- You live in the state of Arkansas or in Bowie County, TX.
- You meet the following definition of “single parent” (all 3 categories)
- Marital status:
- You’re single (never married, widowed, divorced, legally separated*), or
- You’re married but living apart and your divorce will be final by the time the scholarship is awarded*
- Parenting status:
- You’re the custodial parent or guardian with physical custody (50% or more) of at least one dependent child. A dependent child is:
- 18 or younger, or
- older than 18 and still in high school, or
- a severely disabled adult living with and dependent on you*
- Living status:
- You’re the only adult in the home with the child(ren), or
- You live with parents or relative(s), or
- You live with a roommate who is not your partner (significant other) or a co-parent*
- You’re a legal resident of the United States (or a resident with DACA status), applying in the county where you live.
- You’ve earned a high school diploma or GED.
- You’ve not previously earned a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
Your household income is typically not more than 250% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You’ve completed or are in the process of completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (not required for DACA students or those in an approved short-term training program).
- You’re attending or planning to attend an ASPSF approved school or training program.
- You’re pursuing a degree or certification that leads to employment at family-supporting wages.
Complete the application below.Application