DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS‐ January 12, 2011
The information provided on this scholarship application will not be provided to any unauthorized organizations.
THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR (DOL) AND THE ARKANSAS AEROSPACE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
AVIATION MAINTENANCE/MANUFACTURING TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Scholarship funds provided by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) Community Based Job Training (CBJT) Grant, via the Arkansas Aerospace Training Consortium (ATC) are to be used by students currently enrolled in a State‐ and/or Federal‐approved aviation training program. It is the responsibility of the enrolling College to ensure that any student selected to receive this scholarship meets the requirements established by the ATC CBJTG Project Management Team and the USDOL CBJT grant program.
Students applying for this scholarship must be enrolled in an aviation related program and have applied for financial aid at their enrolling College (FAFSA).
The amount of the scholarship will be based on need determined by the information provided in this application. The minimum awarded is $100 per semester and the maximum amount is $500 per semester. Awards are for a single semester only. Students wishing to receive the scholarship for more than one semester must reapply.
Remember to submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Must have completed the FAFSA application by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- 100‐200 word typed‐written, self‐descriptive essay outlining your future goals and expectations as an aircraft maintenance or manufacturing technician. Please provide any information in your essay that you would like the committee to consider when determining need.
- Provide verification of the types and amounts of financial aid you will receive.
- Letter of recommendation from employer or program instructor.
- Unofficial Transcript and Current Schedule