Frequently Asked Questions - If there are other questions not addressed here, please email those to me and I will try to update the list periodically
General Overview of Purchasing Guidelines
While this section provides an overview of dollar amount restrictions, keep in mind that using state contract vendors usually alleviates the need for bidding. The Office of State Procurement has done the negotiations on the competitive contract pricing, terms, freight charge consideration, etc. BRTC purchasing will always encourage procurement from state contract vendors first. When using vendors outside the contract list, these regulations will always apply (unless exempted items).
Requests of $9999.99 or less (small orders) in most cases may be processed by the BRTC Purchasing Department without bidding.
- Requests of this nature can usually be acquired in 2 – 4 weeks.
- Exceptions: Printed Materials, Contract Items, etc.
Requests exceeding $10,000 but less than $50,000 may be competitively bid by the BRTC Purchasing Department.
- Requests secured by competitive bid can be expected to take 4 – 6 weeks minimum.
- Requests requiring a competitive bid must be accompanied by adequate specifications and contact information for a minimum of three pre-qualified vendors, preferably five or six.
Requests over $50,000 require a formal competitive sealed bid to be processed by the AR Office of State Procurement or the BRTC Purchasing Department.
- Requests that must be processed as formal competitive sealed bids may take 6 – 8 weeks minimum.
- Requests requiring a competitive bid must be accompanied by adequate specifications and contact information for a minimum of three pre-qualified vendors.
A good rule of thumb when getting quotes or requesting bids is to always seek five to seven vendors.
The policy manual is a work-in-progress update. The newest version will be posted soon and will replace the one linked below.
State contracts are the preferred vendors for procurement of goods for Black River Technical College. Sometimes it may seem more cost efficient to purchase elsewhere. However, these contracts (approved and negotiated by the Arkansas Office of State Procurement) offer competitive pricing as a whole, with consideration on shipping charges, purchase orders, and more. REMEMBER…some goods are mandatory contracted! Use caution when selecting vendors outside of this list. The TIPS/TAPS vendor list is another great source to check as well, as seen in the next category below. AR Office of State Procurement – Statewide Contracts
Ordering Stationery Letterhead and Envelopes – Please use this form.
Purchase Request Form – MS Word Format
NEW - Electronic Purchase Request System. We will be transitioning to this system for purchases made through the Purchasing Department. Please note – This system is NOT to be used for submitting PCard documentation or for submitting invoices or goods or services that have been received.
Purchase Request Template for Microsoft Word
- RIGHT CLICK on this link and Select “Save Target As”
- Save the document to your Desktop
- After downloading the template simply open it in Word
- Then click of File : Save — then change the file type to “template” and hit save
- To create a new Purchase Request simply open Word : select File : New and choose Purchase Request
Shipping Request Document
There are a few simple steps for business card requests:
- Access the Business Card Request Form and fill in your information, selecting the quantity and address appropriate. The standard design for the card allows or one (1) address selection and one (1) telephone number. Please include your extension, if applicable.
- Print the request form and send through for approvals signatures, just as you would any other purchase request.
- EMAIL the completed form to me. This step is in addition to printing and submitting for approval.
For LOST/MISPLACED/STOLEN Purchasing Cards – call US Bank immediately at 1-800-344-5696 and access the form below to record the information.
Purchasing card holders can access the quick info listed here for help with the Pcards.
- Pocket Guide for Cardholders
- Missing (or lost) receipt form
- P Card Purchase Form example to submit with weekly transaction list.
- Lost/Stolen P Card
- General P Card Info - Powerpoint from training class
All PCard holders will need to access your transaction list online every week and print the list of charges that week. Attach all p/r forms (marked in red as shown in example) to your supervisors for approval signatures and processing. This is the same process that you currently utilize for purchases.
A great option available to BRTC is a discount on hotel accommodations through the Wyndham Hotel Group. Our participation will allow all faculty and staff members of our institution to utilize the discounts for all 15 brands and close to 7,200 hotels worldwide, for business and for pleasure. This program is designed to give our institution a substantial discount without restrictions, any time you need to travel.
Please keep in mind that this discount is an OPTION for savings and is not a mandatory directive for hotel selections. At times, such as when attending a conference within/near a specific group rate hotel, this discount option may not be feasible nor cost-effective.
Things to know when using the discount:
- You may book the reservations via the toll free number or online through the URL links below. You cannot book this program through any online booking tool, such as expedia.com, Travelocity.com, etc. This program is not intended to be a corporate travel program, but rather a benefit to E and I member institutions.
- The Discount ID will deliver the correct rate at time of reservation, which is up to 20% below the lowest unrestricted rate offered. For online bookings, our ID and institution affiliate ID will populate the reservation automatically. If making reservations by phone be sure and give agent both the Discount ID number and our institution’s unique Affiliate ID.
- The BRTC Wyndham Discount ID Number is – 1000007780, the Affiliate ID Number is – 90816.
- The URL link to Wyndham Reservations is – http://www.wyndhamhotelgroup.com/?corporate_id=1000007780&affilid=908016 When you click on this link, you do NOT need to enter our ID numbers or login, as mentioned in item #2 above.
- The Toll Free number when calling for reservations is 800-525-5501.
LIST OF WYNDHAM GROUP HOTELS:
Wingate® By Wyndham
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
Baymont Inns and Suites®
Microtel Inns and Suites®
Hawthorn Suites® By Wyndham
TRYP® by Wyndham