- See Dana Clay located in HE107A to fill out an application or print the application from this website, fill it out and bring it to Ms. Clay. (This should be done as soon as possible in the spring (Application Dates: Spring Semester – August 1st of each year).
- The selection process will begin in December. Classes will begin in Spring semester. See Director of Respiratory Care for further information or Dana Clay. This is a full time 12 month program which runs January-December of each year.
- Class size is limited and all applicants may not be selected for the program.
Selection is based on the following Criteria:
- Submission of a complete application for admission into the professional curricula for Respiratory Care. This includes an essay.
- Completion of all pre-professional curricula.
- Grades from all pre-professional course work
- Passing Score on the Health Occupation Basic Entrance Test (HOBET) given each year.
- Overall grade point average (GPA) on all college course work.
The top 24 students will receive letters of acceptance and/or a phone call to verify enrollment. Students not accepted will also receive notification.
Accepted students will be enrolled by BRTC staff for the appropriate classes.
Note: 1-2 alternate students receive a letter stating their position in the program with date of orientation.
All students receiving acceptance/alternate letter will be required to attend orientation.
ALL STUDENTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH COUNSELORS OR FACULTY AT AN ORIENTATION AND MEET/GREET SESSION.
**Pre-Professional Courses: 40 hours required
- Human A & P I with lab
- Human A & P II with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Medical Terminology
- College Algebra
- Intro to Chemistry
- Intro to Computer Concepts
- English I
- English II
- Introduction to Psychology
- Success for Health Students