June 5 – 9, 2017
Canceled due to low enrollment.
This 50-hour course is designed for law enforcement officers that are assigned to the position of SWAT Sniper/Precision Marksman/Designated Marksman. It is a physically and mentally demanding training course that requires officers demonstrate proficiency on the CLEST-required course-of-fire, written test and various practical exercises.
Officers should be prepared to take the American Sniper Association Functional Fitness Test during the course. Officers will be given 2 chances to fire the CLEST-required course-of-fire or they will not pass the course.
- Scoped bolt-action or semi-automatic rifle capable of shooting a 1-inch group at 100 yards (rifle sling and bipod required, semi-autos require at least 3 mags)
- Shooting bags
- Backpack for carrying all gear
- Hydration system/canteens/Nalgene bottles
- Camouflage uniforms (2) with long sleeves
- Camo “boonie”-style hat
- Eye and ear protection
- Body armor
- Load-bearing gear (vest, chest rig, belt rig, etc.)
- Duty pistol and holster
- Flashlight w/spare batteries
- Bug spray/sunscreen
- Personal meds/First aid kit
- Knife or multi-tool
- 550 cord
- Wet-weather gear
- Note taking materials and thumb drive storage device
- Gallon size ziplock bags (3-4)
- Contractor-grade trash bags (2)
- Cleaning kit/weapon maintenance gear
- Camo face paint or mask
- Good boots/spare socks
- Binoculars or spotting scope
- Gas mask
Ammo: we will provide up to 400 practice rounds of match grade .308 Remington 168 grain BTHP or match grade .223 Remington 62 grain BTHP. If an officer wishes to shoot their duty ammo and/or another caliber, they will be responsible for providing their own ammo.
Instructor/Point-of-Contact: Mark Mosier 870-248-4191, firstname.lastname@example.org