So you want to become a tutor? That’s great! Here’s what you need to know before you apply.
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The desire to facilitate learning and empower students to succeed independently
- Awareness of a variety of learning styles
- If you are a student you will need an A in the subject areas you wish to tutor
- If you are a licensed professional, transcripts of college work will be required
- For current students- instructor approval (signature and course number) is required for each course you plan to tutor.
- Completed application
- Commitment to tutor for one academic semester
- Complete a Tutor Application
- Attach a copy of your unofficial transcript for evaluation/verification
- Turn in your application to the Academic Success Center Coordinator in room TM106. If you have additional questions, please contact the center at 870-248-4000 ext. 4041
- If positions are available, you will be contacted for an interview.