Before you come to the Academic Success Center
- Bring your writing and the assignment guidelines with you.
- Be able to identify your general topic and purpose.
- Plan ahead: consider scheduling an appointment at least two days before your assignment is due
What we will do
- Listen to your topic ideas and ask questions to help you develop your focus.
- Review your paper to ensure it follows the assignment, and explain why, if it does not.
- Point out confusing or unclear parts of your essay.
- Help you identify grammar mistakes in your writing and explain how to correct them.
What we will NOT do
- Edit your entire essay for you
- Comment on your opinions, correctness, or incorrectness.
Other Writing Lab Services
- Several writing handouts that you may take for quick reference
- Grammar guides and handbooks that you may use while working in the lab.
- A computer lab that you may use to research and/or type your paper