Black River Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Nursing & Allied Health Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant position will be based at the Pocahontas campus but may require occasional travel to the Paragould location, as well as occasional evening work. This is a full-time, 12-month position, and is classified as a grade C106 with the ADHE’s Classification and Compensation System. This person will work under the supervision of the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health.
Specific Responsibilities for Nursing & Allied Health
- This position is responsible for assisting the Dean of Nursing & Allied Health as well as the allied health program directors with performing general office duties, preparing special reports, and in examining and verifying documents.
- Responds/replies to voicemails and emails from students, faculty, staff, vendors and stakeholders.
- Composes, types, and proofreads various documents including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, narratives, and training materials utilizing a variety of software packages, such as but not limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Maintains computerized and paper filing systems, records and logs, manipulates statistical data for the departments and related grant activities, and retrieves information upon request. Examples include advisement files, program specific applications, record keeping for grants, database for adjunct faculty contracts, departmental budget log entry and invoicing, etc.
- Schedules appointments, makes travel arrangements, and maintains calendars for Nursing and Allied Health faculty.
- Needs to have a flexible schedule; arranges schedule to accommodate availability at night.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, administrators, faculty and staff members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of software applications.
- Must be able to work in a quality-focused service environment with excellent organizational skills, customer service, and in a professional manner.
- An Associate Degree is required. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed.
- Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
- Background check is required.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, State application, copies of transcripts, and three references to:
BLACK RIVER TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Julie Edington, Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Telephone (870) 248-4000, Ext. 4032
BRTC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
BRTC is a Tobacco Free Campus